Gather information and engage stakeholders regarding current assessment practices including discipline faculty, counselors, institutional research and assessment staff
Review the legal requirements of AB 705
- Develop methods to make high school data central in the assessment and placement process.
- Begin curricular exploration and development consistent with the law.
- Engage professional learning to support curricular shifts in math, English and ESL.
- Shift local assessment and placement practices to include high school data as a primary predictor for all students in spring 2019
- Submit locally developed curriculum changes for approval
- Approve locally-developed curriculum in math and English
- Connect new assessment and placement rules with curriculum
- Publish new structures in college materials