When will AB 705 take effect?
AB 705 is legislation intended to support assessment and placement strategies proven to increase student completion rates and close the achievement gap by requiring colleges to consider a student's high school coursework and GPA as primary determining factors for placement. A broad group of stakeholders are working to make high school data the primary predictor of readiness for college-level coursework for all students by spring 2019.
The California Community Colleges have issued the following guidance to colleges about implementing AB 705.
- AA 18-41 AB 705 Initial Guidance Language for Credit ESL Memorandum
- AB 705 ESL Implementation Timeline
- AB 705 Implementation Memo | July, 2018
- Co-requisite Math Courses | May, 2018
- Co-requisite English Courses | March, 2018
- AB 705 Initial Guidance English | March 22, 2018
- AB 705 Memo | December 6, 2017
Attend a workshop
- Southern California | September 14 and 15, 9:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Friday, September 14, AB 705 Implementation for English/Reading, ESL, and math
- Saturday, September 15, A deeper dive into Business-STEM math
- Northern California | September 28 and 29, 9:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Friday, September 28, AB 705 Implementation for English/Reading, ESL, and math
- Saturday, September 29, A deeper dive into Business-STEM math